Moving is a long process – that’s why most people dread it. Thankfully, there are steps that you can take to help simplify your move. Our professional and experienced movers at Ace have shared their tips on how to unload a moving truck.
When the Moving Truck Arrives:
- Open the back of the moving truck with care in case any items shifted during the drive.
- Unloading the truck should be conducted methodically, from top to bottom, front to back.
- As boxes and furniture are unloaded, the items can be given a quick visual inspection for signs of new damage.
- Damage to furniture should be recorded and reported in case a claim needs to be filed in the future.
- Boxes that arrive at their destination torn, ripped, or open should be closely inspected for signs of damage to the items contained within. Learn how to pack your items for safe transport in our Packing Tips.
- Inspect boxes with a large rip or tear to ensure nothing is missing.
How to Park the Truck for Unloading:
- Park so you have a direct path from the back of the moving truck to the main entrance of the new home.
- If you’re moving to a crowded city look at the parking laws. Some cities let moving trucks double park for unloading.
- Keep your path between the moving truck and entrance clear to reduce the risk of damage to property as it is unloaded.
The Best Tip – Hire Experienced Movers:
- With a professional moving team, property owners don’t have to worry about things like parking a moving truck or unloading heavy boxes.
- Professional movers handle every aspect of moving property on and off the moving truck.
- Use your time wisely while the movers unload your truck. Try inspecting items, unpacking boxes inside, or even relaxing!
- Keep children entertained in another area of your house. Read our guide for Moving with Kids to learn how to make your move safe and fun.
With these tips, you should be ready for the task of unloading your moving truck! Are you just getting ready to move? You’ll save time and energy by hiring our local movers. Get a moving estimate from Ace today!